This Demolition Work for Construction Sites Work Method Statement is a detailed process that shows you how to safely conduct demolition and includes the common risks that you need to be wary of.
This is a guide for how to safely conduct demolition that is ready to use once you have downloaded it from your email. All you need to do is fill in your company details such as ABN, worksite details and associated risks.
Then just print and add it to the other processes that make up your OHS procedures.
This process for how to safely conduct demolition has multiple uses. It can be used at OHS inductions, as an important addition to your toolbox talks and even for your tender applications.
The information that is contained in this Work Method Statement consists of:
- The recommended personal protective equipment
- Notes for Safety
- Planning how to safely conduct demolition
- The proper preparation for how to safely conduct demolition
- The things you need to know for a pre-operational inspection
- How to operate safely
- Removing glass safely
- The adjoining building
- The safe removal of asbestos
- Emergency procedures in case you need them
- And more!
Easy for you to use:
- The document is Microsoft Word
- You can add your information like risks and worksite details
- Tailor for specific tasks
- Emailed to you
Additional safety notes:
- Warning signs should be in place
- Appropriate traffic control needs to be used
- Hoarding fencing needs to be installed around the perimeter prior to commencing work
- Ensure that a development approval has been secured along with permission from the owner for the demolition
- Check the building report for the presence of asbestos
- Review plans to check the structural systems
- Decide on the equipment to be utilised
- Anything that can affect the environment as a result of the demolition
- And more
National Occupational Health and Safety Commission (Now Australian Safety and Compensation Council) National Standard for Construction Work
Queensland – Workplace Health and Safety Regulations 1997
Queensland – Department of Employment and Industrial Relations – Information Paper – Approved criteria for a certificate to perform the prescribed activity of demolition work (Information Paper D1)
Victoria – WorkCover Authority – Code of Practice – No 14 – Demolition
SAI Global – AS/NZS 2601-2001 – Demolition of Structures