This Aluminium Handrail Installation Work Method Statement is a detailed process that shows you how to safely install a handrail and includes the common risks that you need to be wary of.
This is a guide for how to safely install a handrail that is ready to use once you have downloaded it from your email. All you need to do is fill in your company details such as ABN, worksite details and associated risks.
Then just print and add it to the other processes that make up your OHS procedures.
This process for how to safely install a handrail has multiple uses. It can be used at OHS inductions, as an important addition to your toolbox talks and even for your tender applications.
The information that is contained in this Work Method Statement consists of:
- The recommended personal protective equipment
- Notes for Safety
- Planning how to safely install a handrail
- The proper preparation for how to safely install a handrail
- The things you need to know for a pre-operational inspection
- How to install safely
- Emergency procedures in case you need them
- And more!
Easy for you to use:
- The document is Microsoft Word
- You can add your information like risks and worksite details
- Tailor for specific tasks
- Emailed to you
Extract from the Work Method Statement
Planning for the installation
When the worksite is assessed check that:
- There is proper lighting for installation
- Enough room for the materials and the workers
- Work platform suitable for the installation
- Appropriate weather conditions
- Traffic management where necessary
- Controls are in place for potential falls
- Emergency plan has been created
- Catch nets and kick boards are in place where needed
- And more